Take Your Next Step
To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
– Henri Bergson
- Chronic Pain
- Relationship Difficulties
- Emotional Challenges
- Family of Origin Challenges
- Trauma & PTSD
- Life Transition Adjustment
- Wellness & Coping Skills
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR Therapy)
- Somatic Experiencing (SEP)
- DARe /SATe – Dynamic Attachment Re-patterning Experience / SATe – Somatic Attachment Training Experience
- Developmental Needs Meeting Strategy: An Ego State Therapy for Healing Adults with Childhood Trauma and Attachment Wounds.
Please contact me for a free 15 minute phone consult to see if my integrated therapeutic approach might assist you to make the changes you want to see in your life.
Every person has the ability to grow, heal and change.
I have been a provisional then Registered Psychologist working in Grande Prairie and Northern Alberta for over 27 years. I have a Masters of Educational Psychology – Counselling Specialization from the University of Alberta.
Since 1993 I have utilized a wide range of theoretical perspectives and approaches with clients in a wide range of ages, stages and life span challenges.
My approach integrates principles from the theories of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Solution-Focused Therapy, and Narrative Therapy.
I have completed Advanced Level training in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR Therapy) founded by Dr. Francine Shapiro (PhD). Advanced Level trainings: Uri Bergman, Esly Carvalho, Carol Forgash, Ana Gomez, Mark Grant, Jim Knipe, Deborah Korn, Deany Laliotis, Katie O’Shea, Sandra Paulsen, A.J. Popky, Arielle Schwartz & Robin Shapiro
SE Practitioner. I have completed the SEP Certificate in Somatic Experiencing founded by Dr. Peter Levine (PhD). I have also completed Kathy Kain’s Touch Skills Training for Trauma Therapists as well as Kathy Kain and Stephen Terrell’s Somatic Resilience and Regulation: Early Trauma.
DARe/SATe Certificate – Dynamic Attachment Re-patterning Experience / SATe – Somatic Attachment Training Experience by Dr. Diane Poole Heller (PhD).
Developmental Needs Meeting Strategy: An Ego State Therapy for Healing Adults with Childhood Trauma and Attachment Wounds by Shirley Jean Schmidt.
Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT) by Dr. Stan Tatkin.
- College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP)
- Psychologists’ Association of Alberta (PAA)
- Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute (SETI)
- United States Association for Body Psychotherapy (USABP)
– Yogi Bhajan
Knowing others is intelligence. Knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.
– Lao Tzu
- Monday-Tuesday: 9am – 5pm
- Wednesday-Thursday: 10am – 7pm
- Friday: 9am – 5pm
Please note that all sessions are provided by scheduled appointment only.
Swan Business Centre
Grande Prairie, AB
PO Box 21498
Grande Prairie Co-op
Grande Prairie, AB